Members of the NY and CNJ IFT’s are professionals involved in all segments of the food industry, academia and government.
The NYIFT has several objectives:
Throughout the year, NYIFT has a full schedule of meetings and activities:
- New York IFT holds monthly dinner meetings from September through May. We vary the days and format of the programs to accommodate the needs of our members more effectively. Presentations relating to the Food Industry are held prior to dinner. Presentation topics are timely and are presented by expert professionals in the field. In addition, time is provided for networking with colleagues.
- Additional meetings are held in central New Jersey by the CNJ Subsection; usually held on the second Tuesday of the month and follow the same format as the NYIFT dinner meetings.
- Other activities include Suppliers’ Day and Career Fair (formerly known as Suppliers’ Night). Suppliers’ Day provides the opportunity for members to see “What’s New” in the industry. We have added the Career Fair for students and professionals. Representatives from over 300 suppliers of ingredients, equipment and services have staffed booths at recent events. Held each year (between March and May), it is well attended and a change of pace from the monthly meetings. The 2020 Suppliers Day has turned virtual to Suppliers Week from September 21 – 25, 2020. Click Here for More Information. The 2021 NYIFT Suppliers Day will be held on Thursday, May 6, 2021 at the Meadowlands Expo Center in Secaucus, NJ.
- A Golf Outing is held every year. It is organized by the CNJIFT where you can enjoy a fun-filled day and a round of golf with your friends and business associates. It includes a luncheon, followed by a round of golf and ends in the evening with networking, dinner and an opportunity to win lots of door prizes. The next CNJIFT 13th Annual Golf Outing will be held on Monday, June 14, 2021 at the Cranbury Golf Club in Cranbury, NJ. Click Here for More Information.
- Other NY/CNJ IFT organized functions held annually include: a Holiday Party in December, – casual functions including events such as a Hockey Night, a Baseball Game, a Football Outing and Bowling.
- Since the primary concern of NYIFT is to serve its members, we also provide an employment service. Another function is to encourage student membership. These young people provide the life-line for keeping IFT viable at all levels. The NYIFT also funds graduate, undergraduate, junior and senior scholarships annually to students in Food Science programs and we also encourage our members to have their dependents submit an application for our Dependent Scholarship. Each year, the Scholarship Committee chooses one student and awards them a $1,000 check.
- Lastly, a monthly newsletter provides meeting and other pertinent information for both the New York section and Central New Jersey subsection.