Members of the NY and CNJ IFT’s are professionals involved in all segments of the food industry, academia and government.
The NYIFT has several objectives:
Throughout the year, NYIFT has a full schedule of meetings and activities:
– Our regular monthly dinner meetings are usually held on the third Tuesday of the month. In recent years we have varied the format of the programs to accommodate the needs of our members more effectively. Seminars, relating to the Food Industry are held prior to the meetings. Meeting and seminar topics are timely and are presented by specialists in the field. In addition, time is provided for networking with colleagues.
– Additional meetings are held in central New Jersey by the CNJ subsection; usually held on the second Tuesday of the month and follow the same format as the NYIFT dinner meetings.
– Other activities include Suppliers’ Day (formerly known as Suppliers’ Night). Suppliers’ Day provides the opportunity for members to see “What’s New” in the industry. Representatives from over 300 suppliers of ingredients, equipment and services have staffed booths at recent events. Held in April each year, it is well attended and a change of pace from the monthly meetings. The next Suppliers Day is Wednesday, April 5, 2017.
– A Golf Outing is held every year. It is organized by the CNJIFT where you can enjoy a fun-filled day and a round of golf with your friends and business associates. It includes a luncheon, followed by a round of golf and ends in the evening with networking, dinner and an opportunity to win lots of door prizes. The next Golf Outing is Monday, May 1, 2017.
Other NY/CNJ IFT organized functions held annually include:
– a Holiday Party in December, – casual functions including an annual Hockey Night, a Baseball Game and Bowling.
Since the primary concern of NYIFT is to serve its members, we also provide an employment service. Another function is to encourage student membership. These young people provide the life-line for keeping IFT viable at all levels. The NYIFT also funds graduate, undergraduate, junior and senior scholarships annually to students in Food Science programs.
Lastly, a monthly newsletter provides meeting and other pertinent information for both the New York section and Central New Jersey subsection.